Question With Front Chris Kings

lankyri

evening all just a quick question really, im going america in couple months and well im thinking about getting a king front to match my rear, question is can you get a bolt on version or are the front only for quick release because ive never seen bolt version before

With a standard ISO king you can only convert to 15mm bolt through, or you buy a specific 20mm bolt through iso Disc hub. ( they also sell a 24mm through hub too ).

They don't make a bolt on hub that will fit trials standard 9mm/10mm dropouts im afraid, and if you drilled and tapped the axle out on a quick release version to M6 bolts you would loose the hex interface that allows you to unscrew the axle apart. Only solution would be making a new axle on a lathe with a slightly different fitting system I guess? :)

Email Aspirevelotech, perhaps they'll be able to sort you out with such an axle in a disc hub (not sure if it will fit either). They do take orders for custom built hubs.

I emailed both aspire and king, they said nothing ATM,tHey have something in the works but no eta.

It's Intresting because in one of the manuals I got the front hub has fun bolts.

I ended up using a 20mm hope front(good deal) so I made up my own 20mm to 10mm axle. So far it's worked amazing and trouble free

cheers for all the replies boys to be honest all this drilling out axles and or making axles seems well too much hassle when Nwood got the right idea, i have not got beef with QR its just i work with chavs at work and well i dont want them taking my front wheel and hiding it so really want a bolt.