Inspired Fourplay For A Mess Around.

Nick Manning

The current stem is a Bontrager Earl - 70x10. If I put the System Ex stem on won't the reach to the bars be less as the stem is still 70mm in length but 35 rise. Wouldn't the be better in the 90x35? http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/26_inch_stems/bbb_forged/c41p11644.html

Edited by Nick Manning

With a 70x35° you would lose about 10mm of reach whereas with the 90 you'd gain about another 5mm and only 10mm height more than the 70. However, you really wanna keep the stem relatively short, some forks with a longer stem would help out so you could run at least 20mm of stackers as well as a high rise stem.

Bare in mind I'm pretty new to all this but from advice I've been given and changes I made myself this is what I've found.

EDIT: I just had a look and when I had a Zoot I swapped the standard stem (110x20°) for a 70x35° which technically lost me 5mm of height though the stack height was less on the system X so I regained that height by managing to fit a couple of stackers and pulled the reach right back by around 50mm which felt miles better!

Edited by isitafox