New Midlands Trials Park

forteh

Well not exactly a trials park, but Lichfield council has decided this year that theyre going to spend the remainder of last years budget on rejuvenating the cities play areas; fortunately they seem to have decided to use large amounts of boulders/rocks to do so :)

On the off chance I ended up going down a road I havent used in ages and spotted a few rocks in a park 100 yards from the road, thought to myself 'will pop in there on the way home', now a number of sites in Lichfield have has a decent quantity of rocks put in, however none have really been of any real size and the potential for lines has been a bit limited. Swung by this park to suddenly find a plethora of rocks strewn all over the place, they're all grippy (sandstone I think), mostly fairly flat/level topped but with a fair few slanted ones and a load of low wooden balance beams/poles with options galore!

Now nothing is particularly high so you wont find any massive side hops but there must be hundreds of lines to be found, Im certainly dead chuffed that the council has built this 'facility' off their own back and I'm just about the only trials rider in the city!

A couple of crappy panoramic pictures off my phone, you cant really see the scale but I reckon its spread over an area 100 x 50 metres at least, probably almost about the same size as barrow farm.

2012-07-13%2020.13.42.jpg

2012-07-13%2020.14.31.jpg

It's not the best thing in the world but I reckon I'm pretty luck to have it within riding distance, I reckon its certainly worth a visit if you're in the midlands :)

• Like 6

Looks good. The beam lines to rocks look the best. Having somewhere like that to ride is better than getting kicked of public street spots. Postcode for this place?

Indeed, to be fair there hasn't been that much in the way of issues whilst riding, that said I always take care of other people before my riding. It's in a park just off chapel lane in lichfield, bung "52.673839,-1.826243" into google maps and it will take you right there, there is limited parking on the road on chapel lane but you shouldnt have too much hassle finding somewhere.

If people fancy visiting let us know and Ill come join you :)