Inspired Element 24''

Theo Sanders

Hi there,

Does anyone have an experience of riding an Inspired Element 24''? I haven't really done a lot of trial yet, mountain biking mostly, so I thought such a bike could be a good idea for me (on their site it says it's something in between bmx, mtb and a "normal" trials bike), but the thing is, it's not that cheap. I just wonder if it is worth buying for a beginner? If not, what other bike could you advise (24" preferably)?

Thanks everyone

You get a full host of aftermarket parts, and not to mention the frame and fork which are tougher than all the other 24" framesets out there. It's going to last you, plus if you keep at it, big upgrades won't be necessary.

I've had mine 14 months i'm guessing, and it's held up great. Paintwork is very shabby now, but that's cause i throw it into stuff to often :P

It's also real comfy with park riding, i have no issues with airs. There's quite a few good videos out there, check out Euan Beaden, he rides one.

Im new to trials as well and spent about four weeks practicing track stands and back wheel hops on an old xc bike. A few days ago i bought a used Inspired Fourplay and I can say my progress has skyrocketed during these days. I had never tried a trials bike before but I think my Fourplay is a great bike to learn on. I guess the Element is quite similar to the Fourplay geo wise so I would say that it will be suitable for a beginner.

Whatever bike you buy thats the one you will learn on. Maybe you will progress faster or slower on a different bike but you will get there whatever trials bike you choose.

Go for the Element, you will love it.

If you are wondering whats possible with a bike like that just search the Tube for Euan Beaden, Martin Direske or Danny Mac for that matter.

Or just watch this video: http://tv.freeride-magazine.com/video/Backflip-und-Trialaction-mit-Damenrad/7e2bfb1366c6aca33984ee99bd730316

Its not about the bike...

I ride an old Fourplay (pre-2011) and the geometry is exactly the same as the Element, only difference is you get 4-bolt mounts on the Fourplay, which I prefer personally. So it might be worth looking for one of those, you might get one cheeper. Mine is honestly lovely to ride, feels perfect for me at least.

I got the inspired element in December and it's fantastic! But it is expensive and for the same price or less you can get a fourplay with a much higher spec. Either way you go you can't go wrong. :)

2nd hand fourplay BTW,

Edited by Conradm94

they're excellent, i think the vee mounts make for a better bike too... if you know trials is something you want, and more specifically, the streety type of trials, then go for it! if your wanting a more hop-py kinda style consider something else... the element is awesome value, it doesn't need immediate upgrading which is a massive bonus...

I ride the old fourplay as well and I would recommend it because the geo of the cockpit is so much more similar to other mtbs (dirt,park,freeride) than a pure trials bike. So you'll feel more at home and your skills are transferable. I think pure trials bikes are less tiring to learn moves on because they are so much lighter, but you get used to the weight. the inspired are way easier to bunnyhop manual and spin on though. So really just choose your bike based on what riding style you want to try.

I love my fourplay and im well happy with it.

also want to add that im basically a beginner too!

Edited by ooo