Saddle Recomendation For A Road Bike?

Bigman

Right then Guys! I am planning on riding my roady alot more and my saddle really isn't great, I can manage 15 - 20miles at most before really needing to get off, can anybody recommend a good comfortable saddle for both commuting and general riding, not to expensive either.

Thanks

Adam

• 3 weeks later...

If I remember right you will also need a seat that has a hole/dip on the part that goes in between your legs as there's veins or something there and a badly designed saddle, padded or not, will stop circulation causing your legs to get tired quicker and start to feel numb over long distance.

If I remember right you will also need a seat that has a hole/dip on the part that goes in between your legs as there's veins or something there and a badly designed saddle, padded or not, will stop circulation causing your legs to get tired quicker and start to feel numb over long distance.

I've cycled to Paris and back on a seat without a hole in the middle and never suffered numbness. 10 hours in the saddle a day too.

Edited by JMCD

Saddles are really individual. The most comfy seat I've ever used is my Flite SLR which at 135g is absurdly light and hard... but just the right shape for me. Not for the feint-hearted though!

Most people seem to get on well with a Charge Spoon at £25 ish (although I hated mine FWIW). They're quite wide and flat - ideally you could try one and see if it's for you, but £25 isn't a massive amount to spend to try it out? The other really popular one is an SDG Bel Air. I've had 3 of those over the years and they're great (for me). Again, I think the cheaper versions are <£30.