Hello

holymush

Hi guys!

made couple posts already ...damn the post limit for new members :D

Anyway my names mike, im 26 years of age and live in southampton...if theres anyone else gimme a shout on here or 'michael pollock' on facebook.

just got a second hand onza t-pro...which is now in bits....and soon to be soilt with new BB, cranks and free wheel as something seems to be bent!

while im waiting for payday to arrive the frame, forks and bars are off to the powder coaters to be made white!

thats about if for now :)

Hi :)

Mike

gimme some time to get the bike back together...possibly looking at a month or so to get this thread / new frame situation sorted then im definately up for a ride....warning: ive never ridden a trials bike before ....im still learning to trackstand :D.

thanks for the welcomes :)

WOW! i was using my tape measure and looking at stuff the BB was about 1 mm too smal in diameter so wasnt quite catching thread properly (i bought the bike with it in).

so went and got a cheap BB to see if it was beyond help....but ITS IN! ..woulda made people cry watching me try get it in...but it spins and its all good for now! gonna put my bike back together and keep this one whilst i purchase a whole new bike in pieces in the background :) im new so a shitty bike wont hurt me for a few months :)

Mike

...im still learning to trackstand :D.

Tell me about it! So am I! Trials is incredibly hard to get into as a beginner because even the really REALLY basic stuff like a trackstand is really not easy to learn. Also, I don’t know about other people but I often feel like a bellend because anyone who sees me wobbling about – stop, wobble, lurch forward, stop, wobble, lurch, etc - people must think “That bloke’s an idiot, he can’t even ride that kid’s bike he’s on”… lol

Tell me about it! So am I! Trials is incredibly hard to get into as a beginner because even the really REALLY basic stuff like a trackstand is really not easy to learn. Also, I don’t know about other people but I often feel like a bellend because anyone who sees me wobbling about – stop, wobble, lurch forward, stop, wobble, lurch, etc - people must think “That bloke’s an idiot, he can’t even ride that kid’s bike he’s on”… lol

I know, I've mostly learnt to ride on my university campus with like 12,000 students walking past. In the end I just learnt to ignore everyone staring and shouting out rude comments. I just imagine in my mind that they secretly think I'm cool.

• Like 3

Ok so the bike is in one piece.....bottom bracket sounds like its gonna last a week tops but it works for now :). Yay!

Had a trackstand for like 30 seconds...I rock ;)

Mike

hehe, not bad! Everyone has been there. Sure you've probably already done the reading, but the "realisation" moment for me was trying without using my brakes, common mistake that I see roadies doing when they're attempting to track stand at traffic lights :P (I havent ridden 'real' trials for years, but you never forget stuff like trackstands - tis a good skill to have on any bike)

Trackstands are sooo important to all area of riding a bike, basically i couldn't ride a bike at all a year and half ago. I used to fall off and hurt myself on curbs. So my boyfriend wouldn't let me ride it untill i had learnt to track stand and endo and the basic moves. Then it spiralled from there. Now i get the wow! how did you do that? Or the "she's brave" welcome to TF and t-pros are ace! get the front end nice and high! Hope you stick at it!

Haha, I'm in the same boat. What makes it worse for me is the fact i'm using my dads bright white golfing gloves lol. If i'm honest if I walked past and saw me on a bike without a seat and Michael Jackson's gloves on looking like I can't even set of, I'd probably take the piss also >_<