Machined And Sleeved?

holymush

You can get threadless bb's for situations like this, where the left cup threads into the right cup, but im not sure how well they'd stand up to trials use.

Something like this

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/yst-sealed-bearing-bottom-bracket-threadless-bb-993-prod4521/

Edited by Martin Reynolds
  • Like 1

what is the size of the thread for bottom bracket? i measured 1 3/8" and how many thread per inch?

lots of questions sorry...this is bugging me and wanna get on to fixing it asap!

Mike

also emailed tarty bikes.....they like a million miles away if i can get it sorted a bit closer to home i will but if needs must il send it away :)

Edited by holymush

Not sure if this is do able but maybe you could source some bearings (may need to get them made to order) the same od as the id as the bb shell minus the threads give and take abot as you could bore it out a bit allowing you use a diferent style of cranks such as the middleburn rs8 crank or shimano saint but if you really want to splach out you could maybe get away with a bmx cranks with a custom sprocket made by zodiac.

The only other option i can see is talking to jaff bikes to see of he can make a outboard bb that will press fit into your bb shell (the same width as the currently made bb from the manufacture that are going to buy the cranks from eg shimano saint cranks you will need to use the same width ect as the shimano bb) like a headset in a headtube with you bearings of choice ( id go for the same dimensions as shimano would use). This is most likely going to work better than the above idea but rather pricey but i suppose its worth it if you don't wanna change your frames.

EDIT- or adding to the second idea you could have it so the cups slide in but thread together in the middle pulling every thing together.

Edited by bike_dummie

the bit where the bottom bracket goes through the frame (if someone could tell me the technical term),

The bottom bracket yoke?

Yeah, I'd get in contact with JAF bikes and see what they can do for you. They may not be local but postage and repair costs shouldn't wind up being as expensive as a whole new frame in the end :)