Inspired Element 24" (2012) Worth The Money?

Papadopoulos

Hi guys,

I read the sticky on the forum and I know it talked about pricing and going for nicer bikes if you're able but here is my dilemma:

I would REALLY like to stay in the sub $1000 range because I would really like to get started soon - Im 27 and not getting any younger - and I will have to save up for a good month or two to get the Element.

I just dont know if its worth getting a $1000 bike to start on, and then wish I had just gone for the Element to begin with.

I know absolutely nothing about high end bikes at this point, so upgrading a cheaper bike in the near future seems alittle daunting.

Any advice on this? Is there some good sub $1000 bikes? Should I wait? etc.

Thanks guys.

Then I would be dubious about spending that much, I'm not saying it's a bad bike to ride but it may not suit you. If you can you'd be better off having a go of one or something with similar geometry beforehand, if it feels right then by all means get a new one!

I wouldn't want to throw a suggestion out without hearing what you had ridden previously. I've had a fair selection of mods, stocks and a couple of 24's and whilst I got on with most there was a mod frame which I literally sold within a week of buying it as the geometry just felt awful. To this day I still regret selling my old mod to buy that!

you could get a good condition, high spec second hand bike off here for that price, and you wouldn't loose out to much if you sold it on after. only problem is second hand bikes often need allot of work done to them or parts replaced, it's almost impossible to tell just by looking at them what part might be worn out or broken. If your technically minded enough to fix things then second hand is the way to go.

Edited by rocky111