Frame/bb

ChrisTrials2012

My BB has a habit of wobbling even when both cups are fully inserted and tightened. The BB itself is in perfect condition, so it's not that. A guy I ride with thinks it's the frame's threads are allowing the wobble. To counter-act this, we used plumbers tape to create a better seal, but eventually the tape is worn out, and won't stop the movement. The frame is a matte black Ozonys Cannibal( rear disc mount, vertical dropouts, not sure how old) and the BB is a Try-All ISIS 127.5 mm. Any ideas on how to solve this problem. I want to be able to screw in the BB and leave it there for over a month without movement.

Put some locktite around your cups that should deffo hold it pal might make it harder to take out if u ever need to squirt some in Ur frame and put some around Ur cups it will go into Ur threads it drys like cement so it should be fine mate as long as Ur threads in Ur frame army shagged lol

The threads look fine, it's almost like the cups or the frame are too small or too large for each other.

My old try's all bb did the same thing.

Changed to a trialtech and haven't had any issues.

I'm my case the bb cups were slightly smaller. I measured them up with verniers and checked the diameters and thread pitches, all the stuff you check when you suspect with sketch threads.

Still using the frame and the bb I put in. That was quite awhile ago

My old try's all bb did the same thing.

Changed to a trialtech and haven't had any issues.

I'm my case the bb cups were slightly smaller. I measured them up with verniers and checked the diameters and thread pitches, all the stuff you check when you suspect with sketch threads.

Still using the frame and the bb I put in. That was quite awhile ago

Might be that, cause the threads allow the cups to screw in no bother, so I doubt it's the frame. It might be that certain BBs aren't suited to certain frames.

I'd do a bit of a bodge and coat in in araldite. Works a treat and will hold it in no problem as long as there's some threads to screw it in by.

Then if you ever have to remove it, simply his the bottom bracket shell with a hammer hard enough and the araldite will split and it will unscrew :)

If that's the bb you got off me I can assure you the bb is perfect. It was a nice fit in the brand new onza Limey frame I took it out of.

Sound like its your frame. DON'T chase it as that will make the thread even slacker.

Maybe you could try you mates bb in that just to confirm its the same fit?

Your best bet would be to use some strong bearing fit or thread lock

Not much else you can do really apart from bonding it in with epoxy

I'd do a bit of a bodge and coat in in araldite. Works a treat and will hold it in no problem as long as there's some threads to screw it in by.

Then if you ever have to remove it, simply his the bottom bracket shell with a hammer hard enough and the araldite will split and it will unscrew :)

You can heat it up to 40/60 degrees and it will come out also

Edited by dave33

If that's the bb you got off me I can assure you the bb is perfect. It was a nice fit in the brand new onza Limey frame I took it out of.

Sound like its your frame. DON'T chase it as that will make the thread even slacker.

Maybe you could try you mates bb in that just to confirm its the same fit?

Your best bet would be to use some strong bearing fit or thread lock

Not much else you can do really apart from bonding it in with epoxy

You can heat it up to 40/60 degrees and it will come out also

Its most likely the frame, as BBs tend to be made to high tolerances. I won't use an epoxy or araldite, as the tape seems to be doing its job for now