What Would You Do?

Kevinfor

The power from them when bedded in is decent, I've ridden one. The problem is that the quality sucks, almost everyone leak after like a couple of months that's why everyone is "slating" them. They do seem to work better while they're wet though..

Gotta admit they work better in the wet than they do in the dry :-

so far i have had trialzones for 3 months now and there still feeling like new, and i can say that because i just bought a new set for my 24" too and the old ones on my 20 feel just the same after 3 months use and all i have done to them is check the bolts are tight once a week. and topped up the oil in the resovoir after i had some air creep into the hose once.

Lmaoo i think you have just had a bad experience with them and your put off by them :P

Well I maybe do have a bad experience with them, but all I've tried or know who have owned them seems to have troubles al the time. They might work really well, but the quality isn't the best.

If they work good for you that's awesome, and I do love the lever design!

• Like 1

Shimano do NOT supply spare parts, where as Hope and Avid do. That means if you split a piston seal, you need to buy a brand new brake :(

This information is from my own personal experience when ringing up Shimano myself :(

This is bollocks, Shimano supply spares for any component for 7 years after its been discontinued and the series has moved on.

Sometimes the UK distributor (Madison) will choose to bring parts in as individual spares or in kits, like with some rear hubs they supply the cones individually but with others they only bring in the complete axle kits.

Current Saint caliper tech sheet:

http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/techdocs/content/cycle/EV/bikecomponents/BR/EV-BR-M810-F-2827B_v1_m56577569830670759.pdf

Any of the 'A' matches in the compatibility lists are also directly interchangeable parts.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is bollocks, Shimano supply spares for any component for 7 years after its been discontinued and the series has moved on.

Sometimes the UK distributor (Madison) will choose to bring parts in as individual spares or in kits, like with some rear hubs they supply the cones individually but with others they only bring in the complete axle kits.

Current Saint caliper tech sheet:

http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/techdocs/content/cycle/EV/bikecomponents/BR/EV-BR-M810-F-2827B_v1_m56577569830670759.pdf

Any of the 'A' matches in the compatibility lists are also directly interchangeable parts.

The shimano rep was talking bollocks then. He said that they don't do the parts.

The shimano rep was talking bollocks then. He said that they don't do the parts.

I heard this as well. I knows lad who had to junk his saint for a hope because he couldn't get a piston seal. apparently the seal was only about a quid but shimano wanted to sell him an entire calliper

I heard this as well. I knows lad who had to junk his saint for a hope because he couldn't get a piston seal. apparently the seal was only about a quid but shimano wanted to sell him an entire calliper

Thank you! I thought I was alone on it then, same rep? Aha