Magura 2005 Levers

Maxx

Since the new 2011 hs33 came out, 2005 magura levers are still available in a lot of online shop, and these shops are able to procure new each time they are out of stock.

So I was wondering if Magura still manufactured 2005 levers in small quantities ? (I know they officially stops, but is this real ?)

They've had residual stock of them for a while but aren't producing them any more. They seemed to find a bunch of them as a result of doing a stock take which became available to order before, so there's still limited supply but it's fairly inconsistent.

As far as Im aware Magura no longer have the 2005 model in production. They may have sets in store that they come across now and again.

The same could be said for some online stores. They may have the odd set knocking about once they've sold out, and put them up for sale again.

I nearly bought a set or two from the US, but theyre well over priced.

If it's a lever your after;

http://www.trialsaddict.com/brake-levers/hydravlic-levers/magura-2005-hs33-lever.html

As for the question:

Companies don't usually go straight to the manufacter for there products,

What happenes is there is a sort of middle man, which is a wearhouse/distributer.

So a company would order X amount of the product they are need to play it safe incase they order

too many and they can't sell them.

Then if they need more they get on the phone to the wearhouse and get some more ordered.

• Like 1

Yes, but ultimately they're made by a manufacturer who sends them to a distro. A shop can't buy them from a distro if the manufacturer isn't making them, which is the question that was being asked.

EDIT: Oh, and further to my previous post - they no longer really list the spares for that lever either, so it seems like they have totally stopped making them. They're a totally different design and made in a different way from a different material, so I doubt it's really worthwhile for them to make more of that specific lever. Get 'em while you can...

Shame they don't make some anymore ... as a "trial version", even if it would lead to higher prices for the consumer, I'm sure trials riders would buy it.

And have you guys any ideas until when we can buy brand new lever ? 1 year ? 2 years ?

Or I must stock some from now ?

• Like 1