Tyke Trial Round 6 - Sunday 18Th November

TykeTrial

The sixth and final round of the 2012 Tyke Trial Club Championship will take place in just over two weeks at Harden Moor in West Yorkshire. Entries are now open and can be submitted either by post (print off and complete the entry form and send it to the specified address along with your entry fee) or online via the events page (pay by Pay Pal and then complete the online entry form). The deadline for pre-entry is Thursday 15th November - please get your entries in before this date to allow us to make all of the necessary preparations and to save us unnecessary admin and work on the day. We do accept entries on the day, but these are subject to a £5 late-entry fee. If you are not a club member, don't worry, a one-off day membership is also available for £3.

As it's the last round of the season it would be great to see as many of you there as possible - it'll be your last chance to compete until next year! It's a great venue too, check out the photos on the Tyke Trial Facebook page (and give it a like while you're there) or

to get an idea of what you can expect. There will be sections for all abilities, and you can change categories on the day if you decide that the one you have entered is too easy or too difficult.

If anyone has any questions, just drop them in here (Y)

Hope to see plenty of you there!

12-TT-6-HardenMoor.pdf

Might give this a go.

Cool, be good to see you there!

What type of sections are there on the green route

Hi Callum, this has already been answered when you asked it elsewhere. See below.

What is the Green Course like, its my first biketrial after riding moto trials! I have a monty 219 Kamel, what sections to practise?

There'll be nothing big on green. Say 12" max. Practice tight things and being able to hop into position so you can make the most of the room available.

Hey, I'm just getting into the competitive trials sport, I've entered the green route as I thort the Primary would be easy, Has anyone rode the green course, and big steps, big drop offs and what type of sections to practise. I actually can't wait to ride my first cyclo trial!

Great to hear that you're going to give competitions a go! It'll be good to see you at Harden on the 18th. Green route won't have anything too difficult or scary in it; everything should be rollable, and there'll be no big steps or drops. Practice riding on rough ground, work on your balance and get your bike over small/medium rocks and obstacles and up and down muddy/loose banks and slopes and you should have most things covered! Linking all these things together is the key - sections are often longer than riders first expect, so they get tired fairly quickly. If you work on riding several obstacles at a time, that will help.

I know this is mega cheeky but hey that's me. Can everyone bring bulging wallets and purses for my movember fund. It's a great cause that is well worth everyone's money. I will be going round with some sponsor forms and so on. Cheers Neil robinson

Pre-entry closed last night - did you enter on time? Entries will be accepted on the day as usual, subject to a £5 late entry fee. We will be going to the Guide Inn pub, just down the road from the venue, afterwards for an informal meeting and end-of-season drink, feel free to join us!

Edited by TykeTrial