Best Cnc Backed Pads For A Smooth Rim?

ChrisTrials2012

Pad threads are always so messed up (N) One person's experience of using a pad is totally different to another person's :( Just pick any of the well known pads (TNN, Heatsink, Rock pads) and see how you find them. Completely fed up of these silly, subjective arguments cropping up every time someone makes a pad thread :pirate:

I think a grind will always come above a smooth rim in terms of how good it is.

No denying it, smooth rims can offer HUGE braking power, Damons videos are an example of that.

But a ground rim is definitely the better way about it. You can sill acheive a brake with huge power, its more consistent in that water, dirt , dust and other factors have a lesser affect on its performance when they come in contact with the rim/pad. Neil T is the example of that, running ground rims and TNN LGM's or whatever TNN pad he's running now.

Anyway, back on topic. My ADM's were mega on a smooth rim. Im planning on doing a comparison between having them CNC backed and plastic backed on a smooth rim.

I'll be needing a new rim soon going by the worsening state of my Viz rim...