Best Cnc Backed Pads For A Smooth Rim?

ChrisTrials2012

Never had a better brake then heatsink yellows on a smooth rim.

Yeah but with the reviews the ADMs are getting, and some of the comments I've had a look through that say heatsinks aren't very good, not just on this topic, are they really that good. I want to know a direct comparison between any TNNS versus the Yellows Cnc on a smooth rim.

Edited by ChrisTrials2012

I've never had a good experience with smooth rims,

But i had a set of cousts on an old onza bird and they weren't too bad i suppose,

i did use tar mind.

But if you where to grind i assure you you wouldn't be dissapointed with TNN ADM's or Cousts.

Edited by BradJohnson

I cant see the attaction of using a smooth rim or over a ground rim at all. The only advantages to a smooth clean rim are if you're riding streety, flowy lines where an on/off brake is counter productive. A well set up brake/pad combo with a good sharp grind will out perform any other rim/brake setup for bite and hold in all conditions. Why compromise if you don't have to?

All of my Yellows were pretty awful to be honest.

My ADM's on a smooth rim had tonnes of bite and hold.

Oh goddddd dort get this guy started on pads lol

On another note... Heatsink yellows seem to be pretty boss both smooth and grinder.

I think i might try an old CLS tip and buff me rim then dab a tiny bit of tar on. Its what he use to do.

Edited by Andeee

I don't ride near muddy, dusty, wet or icy conditions. If I did I'd much rather run duel disc than grind away my rim.

You don't cycle on pavements?

A grind just doesn't compare to a smooth rim they for non street riding are just better in every aspect.

Personally I'd pick rock pads or ADMs . I've never done well with heatsinks:

I used them on 3 different wheel sizes , four different rims , different set ups , grinds and without. None worked as well as my LGMs with a good grind.

Tnn Belaey Now Blue's are pretty good on a smooth rim my brother had them on a atom lab rim works amazing but a little bit of water :( not so good A mate of mine has them on a onza hog with drilled side walls on the front and there working pretty good

Any TNN pads On a grind work amazingly I have TNN ADM's Back and front on a grind they are the best winter pads ever :D

• Like 1