Magura Raceline vs XTR V-Brake

rickbury1985

Maguras and hydraulic brakes in general should be lower maintenance as cable stretch and get grotty . But people like to bleed maguras with water so the seals are no longer lubricated and causes issues and shortens the brakes lifespan.

Cable stretch might had been an issue 10years ago, modern cables are pre-stretched, so there is no amount of stretch human fingers could sense. So with maggies you have two options-leaky brake which feels almost as good as vee, or brake that feels like shit and doesn´t leak? Nice. But seriously, my bro has 05 maggie with 4finger lever and bled with antifreeze,LGM pads, it feels nice and all, but it doesn´t have hold of my vee even with 4bolt booster nor it´s as easy to pull the lever.

Not really, number of topics with title:"Something´s wrong with my magura" only proves it. I don´t know if I have seen here topic about vees not working, I´m very positive I haven´t. They are easier to setup or repair if something goes wrong as well. No sticky or swollen pistons, no air in the system, no pad wobble or broken crossovers. So yeah, not really easier to maintain.

to be honest when my pads wear out totally i get new ones, set them up perfect and then never do any thing but use the brake as intended, until they are worn out

when i had a v it was great for a while, couple of months later and plenty of rainy rides the cable was all slow and felt shit.

Cable stretch might had been an issue 10years ago, modern cables are pre-stretched, so there is no amount of stretch human fingers could sense. So with maggies you have two options-leaky brake which feels almost as good as vee, or brake that feels like shit and doesn´t leak? Nice. But seriously, my bro has 05 maggie with 4finger lever and bled with antifreeze,LGM pads, it feels nice and all, but it doesn´t have hold of my vee even with 4bolt booster nor it´s as easy to pull the lever.

Lgm pads dont have much hold though so you cant compare