A problem that isn't female related - Windows 7 security etc.

Fixed Pants™

Hello guys, nice to see some old forumfaces. How have you all been?

So I bought an Acer Aspire V3-531 running windows 7 home and nothing seems to work, just seems like some twatty firewall jobsworth program or setting is getting in the way. Nothing works with the internet, just IE (wank). Spotify, Skype (already installed with this OS), nothing works. It's really annoying.

Have obviously googled it with one or two people having the same problem but nothing helped.

You guys are amazing so thanks in advance.

Considering Ubuntu but it sounds like a faf.

Fatty.

No programs work with the internet. It always seems to refuse a connection etc. It's like there's a very strict firewall that I can't switch off.

Sorry forgot to mention again (cos I typed up a better explained post but accidently deleted it) that i've disabled all firewalls and anti virus software.

Try formatting. And when you're downloading programs and installing them don't blindly click next, cus they always sneak some shitty toolbar or security program which craps up your computer.

Try Ubuntu. If you just surf the web it's the best! You can do nearly everything that you can on w7, but you need emulators and a little know-how to run exe files etc

Not much to speak of in msconfig, disabled a few things and will see how it goes but i do remember running it in safemode with no joy still. How would i sort the static ip business?

Yeah I'm careful with shit toolbars etc, I absolutely hate them,

I've had the problem since the start just before christmas.

Cheers.