Questions

Sprog!

Sorry guys I couldn't find the 'small questions thread'.

Just wanted a couple of questisons answered as google takes me completely off course,

Can anyone just sit in a court case? Or would you have to be, a family member... witness etc.

Can you press charges during sentence or during the court case/?

Is there a time of which the person (if guilty) is away from the court, or is it straight to prison?

Sorry for these questions, I just need answers.

Had a couple of drinks as well so may all seem stupid.

But thank you for reading, and thank you in advance for answering, Sprog

anyone can sit in the public gallery (think thats what its called) of a court room, think some hearing/ cases can be private if they have sensitive information in them.

don't quite understand the second queston.

you can pleed guilty by post for some offences meaning you will be found guilty in your absence, you get sentenced after the verdict has been ruled (?) normally on a different date. if you get a prison sentence they a warrant will be issued for your arrest, think i may be miss-reading your question though.

edit --- you due in court or something?

Edited by trials hoe

No I'm not, haha i should've put that on here really. No it is for personal reasons,

in the second question I meant, if someone wanted to prosecute the person being charged would they have to wait untill after the current court case?

thanks for the answers, very helpful.

EDIT: and is there any sites which state the date and time of court cases, as i can't find one, thanks.

Edited by Sprog!

1) Yes, public gallery as above.

2) Don't think so. I don't thinks ou can interrupt a trial. Gotta go through the cops. Maybe if, when you go, you talk to the usher, you can get some advice.

3) depends on the sentence, and bail.

When I was a juror the defendant could go home, I assume, when the hearing was adjourned. If the sentence is suspended they don't go to prison until they do something else.

4) Maybe you can ring the court, I dunno. Presumably there's a list on the day. If you're involved they might tell you in advance. Ring the court.

Edited by Revolver

think they could start proceedings (paper work) but would have to wait until a verdict is reached before some-one can be tried for another crime, unless it's related to what he's already in court for then the charges would be changed to suit i think.

your local paper will tell you when a person has been in court, local radio stations put stuff up online too (the cocksucker that lives upstairs from me was in the paper and i found it on the net too) but normally only a date with no time.

think you can just go into court and ask for times and dates, it's public records after all........but they wont give you any details.