what bike should I buy

beast27

Depends what type of riding you have done previously, and wether you want to ride street, tgs, or natural/comps. To start with I'd suggest something fairly middle of the road geo wise, not too high in the middle, fairly forgiving and good to progress on. How tall is 170cm in Church of England? If you come from a mtb background, get a stock(26"). If you come from BMX, get a mod (19" rear, 20" front), or a 24 streety style. That's just my opinion anyway

Or an 09 onza blade, something along those lines geo wise. +70 is massive for a beginner, it'll more than likely hinder than progress him. Or an 09 echo lite, same bb, but slightly longer depending on which version you get

• Like 1

No it won't hinder him, it'll be unusual for about half a day, then it'll feel good. Why would he buy a beginners bike, when he could get a modern one at the start and progress on that.

Because its too unusual to actually get the right feel,

Short frames with high BBs are designed for competition riding, where when on the rear wheel it feels more comfortable, also, technical lines where you find yourself upright on the bike allow you so stand straight on the bike instead of hanging off the back..

However, higher BB bikes throw your centre of balance higher, making it more difficult to stay balanced on two wheels, and given two wheel moves are what beginners feel more comfortable and allow them to progress to a higher level quickly, where they can then feel the benefit from moving to a different bike...

My current bike has a +40 BB (stock)

And is the highest BB I've ever had,

I don't find myself in many positions where I'll need to be very upright on the bike so I don't need it..

High BB doesn't always mean its good, the only reason the high end bikes have high BBs is because they're competition bikes..

+70 on a mod is very normal actually, and a high handle bar setup will compensate for the raised position. Plus 1000mm isn't very short. Talk to Flipp about his high BB,short frame, doubt that's a comp bike.

Custom brakelss frame...

You can't use that as an example -.-

The only reason it's common is koxx make comp bikes with high BBs so everyone follows.. Knowing people will buy given its similar to the high end..