TF seems to fix everything, so how about you sort out my new life too?

MadManMike

What's up y'all?

In July / August I'm relocating to Bristol and am currently on the job hunt. As expected, I'm mostly finding "MY CLIENT IS AMAZING" and "EARN £500+ PER DAY" adverts, which of course usually lead to nothing other than someone promising to pay me a few Ugandan dollars.

So, anyone down west suggest some good job hunting spots?

I come from a production / material planning background with sales experience (Not looking for call centre shit).

All the major websites seem to be full of spam or managerial roles at £40k plus, which I'm not quite ready for...

PS, any local folk are more than welcome to get in touch as I'll be on a friend recruitment drive shortly haha :)

As a Bristol based person, I can tell you every recruitment agency here has the exact ads you mentioned sprawled across the front. I have however never been in and assume if you are specific they may be able to point you in a better direction. Where abouts are you moving to in Bristol out of interest, there is definitely more of your background stuff on the outer areas.

As a Bristol based person, I can tell you every recruitment agency here has the exact ads you mentioned sprawled across the front. I have however never been in and assume if you are specific they may be able to point you in a better direction. Where abouts are you moving to in Bristol out of interest, there is definitely more of your background stuff on the outer areas.

We're not 100% sure yet, we need to find a good balance between cheap and not rough areas. Open to suggestions on that front too!

I've been put forward for a job in Swindon, which is in my company but obviously a different site. I'm hoping that comes off because then I get continuation of service and would make integration into my new environment a lot easier, being familiar with the industry and company. We'll see!

The ads do get annoying, I spent hours last night trawling through that junk, started to wonder if any real jobs actually exist.

I'd definitely drive it. Since owning a car I've vowed to never get on a train again unless forced to.

27 years of train hell is enough for me lol, literally everything is better about driving :)

Just looking to rent at the moment, but long term plan is to buy - when we buy it'll probably be out in the sticks a little bit further.

You appear to have stolen my plans. Give them back.

I'm also currently looking for a job in Bristol in order to move there. Different industry (and I'm actually considering a career change myself, but still won't be competition for you!) I've got exactly the same issue though. The roles advertised are all out of my league as a fairly recent graduate, and everything else is just junk-mail. So I'm pretty keen to here of anything out there.

For the record, I'm looking at Motorsport/Engineering jobs, but possibly looking at a move into teaching, in which case I'll just try bike shops to see me through until I'm trained.

Weird, just replied in your thread and then saw this haha.

Keep a look out for me and I'll do the same for you ;)

I find that the roles are either crap, like £16k or £40k+, realistically I need to be on £27-30k to make the move worthwhile. I'm hoping that the company I work for can offer me close to that, it would be good to stay with the same company for lots of reasons (Main one being that it's the easiest option.)

Good luck with the hunt dude!

If you would rather live somewhere a bit further out, there are a few nice villages by Cribbs Causeway, puts you close enough to the motorway for commuting, good shopping centre but then only a 10-15 minute drive into town, you would probably get more for your money out there too. Parking is a nightmare in the centre and surrounding areas but then you do have the option of permits I suppose.

Tried to google maps the area but no idea how I show what I mean but parts of Hallen, Henbury, Avonmouth, Easter Compton are all nice.

• Like 1