Home furnishings crew

N.Wood

Ok update for anyone who cares.

Went round a few different furniture shops today and were all out of my price range / extending / looked like they were from the '70s.

Ended up in The Range and found a nice simple solid American oak table and chairs for £279 which I'm pretty impressed with.

Not seen any other solid oak tables for under about £300, the £500 one I was looking at had oak veneer...

Salesman was a lot nicer / more helpful than the other bastards in the higher end shops, over all a good experience (Y)

Looks like your cheaper table + chairs = carbon bars equation worked out perfectly ;)

Yeah man will hit you up on that! I actually greased a load of shit out front which got rid of the creak but led to a comedy bar-in-stem slippage the other day during a sidehop.

Anyway, when I get bored of sitting at my table and thinking about life I'll order them up.

I lean towards building most of the furntiture i've had so far. I'm in no way a master craftsman, but thethings i've made have turned out pretty well so far. You also get exactly what you want and it doesnt seem like such a loss to get rid and build something more suited when/if you change accomodation.

Fair play to you for doing that (Y)

I have neither the time (well, I'd rather spend it doing other things) but definately not the inclination / know how to do it. Are you in that trade or is it just a hobby?

I would only build my own table if I needed it for a specific purpose. For instance, when I had my decks, I considered designing and building my own to suit my decks, mixer, amp, speakers etc. Same for a computer desk maybe but I wouldn't bother for a dining table.

Edited by King C