26" rims, echo tr and tryall

Jake.

Right, my rear tryall rim which luke rainbird single walled is dying. I want to use a beefier rear rim so I'm going to debuild the king wheel I have, and use the pretty much brand new echo tr rim off that. Only problem I have is, is it possible to do a straight rim swap without buying new spokes? I didn't tension the spokes loads on the tryall build, so it should be okay to reuse them. But will they be the right length for the echo rim?

Cheers if you can give me an answer.

Your always better off in my opinion using fresh spokes when changing rims Jake, over time spokes fatigue especially on a trials wheel with the forces we (Trials riders) put through our wheels.

For what they cost just build with fresh spokes in the correct length, the wheel will build nicer and potentially save you hassel in the long run. Last thing you really want to happen is drive to a group ride somewhere for example then have a spoke snap and ruin your day + if it's a drive side rear the hassel of having to likely remove the rear fixed cog to repair it.

• Like 2

Your always better off in my opinion using fresh spokes when changing rims Jake, over time spokes fatigue especially on a trials wheel with the forces we (Trials riders) put through our wheels.

For what they cost just build with fresh spokes in the correct length, the wheel will build nicer and potentially save you hassel in the long run. Last thing you really want to happen is drive to a group ride somewhere for example then have a spoke snap and ruin your day + if it's a drive side rear the hassel of having to likely remove the rear fixed cog to repair it.

I agree, every time I get a new wheel build its with a new rim and new spokes... Solid and fresh build then!