JT's first computer build "oh my god help me!" thread.

JT!

So, motherboards...
But this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130686 seems a little better reviewed and comes with a a network card so I don't need to mess with buying a card too.
I do plan on overclocking using a better heatsink/fan. Any other recommendations or which one of these should I go with?
(A i5 4670k is going in it.)
Edited by JT!

So this is what it's going to be:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1oDCK

Everything bought now, apart from the CPU, CPU fan, and motherboard. Going to leave out the graphics card for now until I feel like I need it.

Brace yourselves for the millions of "how the f**k do I put all this shit together" questions.

Edited by JT!

• 2 weeks later...

So what's the deal with 3+ monitors. Since I'm switching from a laptop screen + tv to a cheap monitor + tv screen. I got my monitor to find that i couldn't get 3 displays working over an extended desktop.

What would be the best option if I wanted to run an extended display over 4 screens? Two monitos and two tvs? Some special magical graphics card or two?

Hmmmmmmmm. The new nVidia cards power 4 monitors, but only 3 of them for split screen gaming. The 4th is an "accessory screen", so only for monitoring your temps or watching telly or something.

Graphics card budget usually fluctuates massively, so really depends how much you want to spend? Personally I'd buy a GTX770, but if that's too expensive then a 760 might do the job.

Split screen gaming is, like having the game stretched over 3 screens right? I've read that you need at least a 6gb GPU to do that. I don't plan on doing that at all.

GTX770 is way to expensive. But I do need something that's = to or better than a GTX 650 TI Boost or GTX 660.

How do you run 3 monitors Muel?

• 2 weeks later...