Bar advice needed

williams

Hey guys! :)

As some of you know, I have a echo 24" now. I really like the bike, but I think that the bars are letting the bikes overall feeling down. The bars that I have are Trialtech highrisers, and I've never liked them.

So I'm after some advice on what bars I should use with my 150x30 stem? I want something strong enough for me.

I've been looking at these bars, but I don't know.. http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/handlebars/vz_prox_riser/c136p11885.html

Cheers! :)

had this exact same issue with the echo when i had mine, could never get it to feel quite right. i had a 165x35 and rockman carbons (probably similar reach and height to your setup) and that felt a bit 'off', tried a 150x30 and it rode rancid...could never get it to feel just right no matter what i did. guy i ride with has a 165x35 an tt highrise on his echo 24 and that feels better than the setup i had, currently running rockman highrise and a 165x35 on my because simple 24 (pretty close geo to the deng just with a longer cs and few mm lower bb) and that feels bang-on to me (Y) only thing i miss is the extra sweep my older bars had, but the highrise kick ass.

what is it that you don't like about your setup now? too high? too low? not enough reach?....ect.

had this exact same issue with the echo when i had mine, could never get it to feel quite right. i had a 165x35 and rockman carbons (probably similar reach and height to your setup) and that felt a bit 'off', tried a 150x30 and it rode rancid...could never get it to feel just right no matter what i did. guy i ride with has a 165x35 an tt highrise on his echo 24 and that feels better than the setup i had, currently running rockman highrise and a 165x35 on my because simple 24 (pretty close geo to the deng just with a longer cs and few mm lower bb) and that feels bang-on to me (Y) only thing i miss is the extra sweep my older bars had, but the highrise kick ass.

what is it that you don't like about your setup now? too high? too low? not enough reach?....ect.

It is hard to get it how you want it haha! I think that that would be way to high for me.

It's hard to explain, since I'm used to this now. But I think that the bars are to high and I can't really find a good bar angle.. And I like bikes with short reach so I reckon that a middle rise bar would be good.

hmmm not that short then....

would probably make it ride nicer as you won't feel so stretched out with lower bars

Depends on what you compare me to :)

Yeah exactly, that's what I think aswell. And if my memory serves me right, the sport risers have a bit more backsweep which feels good with the bar angle I like :)