Zoot build thread

onzatpro09

• 2 months later...

Bit of a bump, but oh well. So the other day i was talking to a mechanic at my LBS about my zoot cracking (for anyone who doesn't know, surprise surprise, it cracked :P ) and he said he had a dj frame for sale. It was a fairly lightly used Flow Drift and it came with a cane creek s3 headset all for £20 which I thought was a steal. I bought it and built the bike up with bits I had lying about, so it looks a bit of a hodgepodge but I don't care as long as I have a bike to ride. I can't say it rides well (as a trials bike) at all because of the 4 mile long chainstays, but it isn't too bad at streety stuff. I am currently contemplating selling up my genesis 26 and putting that into a new element whenever that comes out :D

20140309_191551_zpsottrcwyo.jpg

I measured earlier and the CS is 410mm, the BB is at about 0° and the reach was something like 660mm.

20140312_192333_zpsosiwnbpb.jpg

Edit: No comments about the length of the stem please, I know it's "too long" but it feels really nice :P

Edited by onzatpro09

• 5 weeks later...

I stripped the threads on the cranks, but because they're the onza blade ones, they've got that brass insert on them. I've stripped the threads connecting the cranks and the brass insert, which is now well and truly stuck in the freewheel. Now I have a set of useless cranks and a useless freewheel and I have to buy new ones. Grrrrr.

20140412_165456_zpsywisdqsw.jpg

On a good note, I think my LBS has a 72 (?) Click white industries ENO that they say they have had for years and might be able to do on the cheap for me :D

Edited by onzatpro09

• 4 weeks later...

So I cracked the zoot and was finding it hard to do any actual trials on the Flow, so I sold my Genesis and bought the new element frame and some element forks. Here's the result:

20140514_191313_zpswdiogfli.jpg

20140514_191235_zpsof6oskvg.jpg

20140514_191222_zpsoxtxhbrx.jpg

Hopefully someone will buy my blade off of me and I might possibly be able to afford a hope rear hub :D

• Like 1