I canti believe it!

sharn

Just found this.. +100mm(and some!?) b.b rise, Long ass mod style stem.. Where were the trials riders?? Surely someone mustv'e had a go and felt the benefit of the clearance for trials! How come we still had -10 b.b up until 20..?! I think it's an 80's bike!

Anyway, just thought i'd share it and maybe someone can trump this with an even older bike that shows signs of the geo to come!

Little plaggy trials seat and I rekon some people could do some fair size moves on this thing! :giggle:

post-2086-0-41500400-1385506280_thumb.jp

No, i mean it's not actuallly meant to be a trials bike! I was just amused and suprised to find such a geometry and got me thinking as to why it had not been pursued sooner by the nut nibblin small cog spinning mtbrs of the day! As in i would have expected someone to have felt at least a small advantage of the huge standover, enough to at least be curious towards it's potential progression sooner.

I rekon this would be sweet for two wheel manouvers :giggle: Old school natty. Reminds me of when the high b.b trials bikes first came out and i remember Adam from tarty bikes (Before tartybikes became anywhere close to what it is!) And he came over to Long eaton with this thing and we were all climbing up onto it thinking it was the weirdest thing ever! Didn't like it then personally, and still don't really like it now but it seems that many people do and it's obviously a massive advantage!

Anyway, just a giggle. enjoy.

i think the only reason this didnt get persued back then is because trials was a completely different sport as to what it is now. back then everything was on 2 wheels and high bb feel awful for that kind of move. people would have rolled round thinking "urgh! this is minging" or whatever word they had for that in the 80s. im with you though, i dont like high bb either :)

• Like 1