College

trialsiain

Looking at going to college (courses start in September) but i have no idea what I want to do in the long run so i don't know what course to do :/. I have thought about doing engineering but not really sure what to expect from it. Has anyone done an engineering course before on here that could give me some advice ?

http://www.carlisle.ac.uk/fullandparttimecourses.php

Thanks

At the moment I am at Electronic Engineering, level 3 at first year, and as a guy who love computers and electronics it is awesome! and I can go to Uni from here so does several Level 5 courses, like computer software/hardware, Electonic Engineering L5 and what not

My advice would be, to do something you already know a little bit about and something you have interest in. I went to college to study motor vehicle mechanics, and from day one everyone was talking a load of jargon I knew nothing about, which made me hate the course and I went on to do kitchen and bathroom fitting and level 2 plumbing, which was a lot of fun, but unfortunately I couldn't find a job after I was qualified. :(

What sort of things are you interested in, what hobbies to you have other than trials?

Are you a lazy person in general? Do you like to get your hands dirty or are you more of an office type worker?

Edited by BradJohnson

Ok thanks guys and im not that lazy haha, Just now im working as a landscaper with my dad but i hate it. Outside trials I do swimming, photography (wouldnt like a career in that though) and i like to tinker with things. But trials is my main thing i guess. Also I live in scotland and the college i want to go to is in england so i dont know If im able to get in or not with the grades i got in my exams. Is a 1 in standard grade equal to a "A" in GSCE ?

Do you like to see an end product to your work, do you like to work alone or part of a team, are you good at talking to people or do you prefer to crack on and get on with your work.

Personally, I don't mind a bit of hard work, but I hate being told what to do, I like to work independently, but can work as a team. I hate it when someone with more aauthority tries to undermine me. I like to be left to do my job. I can talk to people, but I do get slightly awkward when I'm asked something I don't really know about.

I think tte perfect job for me would to be some kind of tradesman, like a plumber or plasterer. Although the job im in atm it pretty good, because I do what I need to do, don't really talk much, I'm left to crack on, and when I'm done I just go home.