sapim cx ray spokes?

dezmtber

if thats not how you work out the area iv gone wrong some where or you have got some doggy spokes or lastly you can't measure

i took checked a spoke i have here 2.3mmx 1mm.

you also assumed all wheels have the same spoke tension. spoke tension is the biggest variable you missed out on and the biggest relation between how stiff and flexy the wheel feels.

I was taking the dimensions from the Sapim website, which I assume is what spokes Dez would end up with being that they would be new purchases. Last time I checked they wre 2.3 / 1.0 (like the ones you have) but it appears they have changed.

I did (and everyone else did too, including yourself), but I think that's a fair one? Otherwise the answer to the topic is 'it doesn't matter what spokes you choose, it's about the wheelbuild', which doesn't help Dez at all.

Just trying to save Dez some cash... They aren't magic spokes. Very nice, yes, expensive, yes, but they can't defy the laws of physics.

If you do need 220s, Chickens can special order boxes of 500 with 6-8 week lead time. Not ideal but 500 Leaders are probably the same price as 40 (before I get called out on that one - they come in packs of 20) CX Rays :lol:

• Like 1

Cheers Adam, i didn't know i could make an order for special spokes.

i will be building the wheels myself. I haven't had any problems with any of the 100's wheels out there i have built so should be ok.

i will give chickens a call today

• Like 1