Wheel Truing Stands

isitafox

I'm looking at picking up a proper stand for truing wheels up when I build them as I'm sick of messing about with a set of forks or the back end of a frame and spotted these two Jobsworth ones made by Planet X.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jobsworth-Road-or-Mtb-Mountain-Bike-Cycle-Bicycle-Wheel-Truing-Stand-/301062343322?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Cycling_BikeLocks_SR&hash=item4618b6ca9a#ht_394wt_1065

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pro-Quality-Bike-Bicycle-Cycle-Wheel-Truing-Workshop-Stand-Fits-All-Wheel-Sizes-/301057952391?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Cycling_BikeLocks_SR&hash=item461873ca87#ht_258wt_1065

Has anyone had any experience with either? Obviously my first thought was to get a Park stand 2nd hand like the TS8 but thought I'd look into these as well as I like the adjustment for hub sizes on the standard one and the Pro comes with dials for measurement.

I don't have any experience with either of them. I use a stand from Tacx. these look more professional but the Tacx does it for me. I build up quite a nice number of wheels and use it for truing as well but it is not that I am doing this professional so the Tack does the trick.

If you are using 20" rims you need to double check the stands work. Most of them cannot handle 20" rims. I can just manage on the Tacx but it is not ideal. Daughter switched to a 24" so it isn't an issue any more but definite something to check if you are going to use it on 20" wheels!