Smashed Samsung s3 screen

Jake.

They are completely legit

There are 2 layers on a screen:

Digitizer, it is on the top, it is a "glass" screen, that is the tenner. It is the stuff that actually identify the touches.

Other layer is actually the LCD/OLED screen. That is expensive, and you actually see it

So the question: do you see the screen, or it os completely black?

The digitiser is easy:

With a heatgun you heat up the front f the screen, get the digitizer out, new layer glue then the new digitiser.

As far as I know you must disassembly the phone from backwards to replace the LCD screen itself

use a hairdryer at its hottest setting, you will need to warm it for quite a while, but it should work

You should warm it until you can peel down the digitizer

After that you should get a plastic knife, or something that you can ply it and plastic, to ply down the screen.

you should get a digitizer with the adhesive, to put it back.

ill put some videos here that should help you out :)

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Samsung+Galaxy+S+III+Broken+Front+Glass+Replacement/14856

Here is a very detailed guide, although removing the motherboard is not necessary, but removing the battery is advised.

• Like 1

I broke mine aswell and after reading and watching a few vids I think its safer to buy a new screen or leave it to somebody who have done it before.

You need to heat the screen to get the glue holding the glass to melt, but if you get it too hot you will end up breaking the whole thing, and you need to carefully run a string or a knife between the screen and the glass but it is totally doable. but if you get it wrong it will cost more in the end so I guess its down to if you want to gamble or play it safe.

I am going to send mine to a certified samsung repair place.

If you do change it yourself there are plenty of videos on youtube with detailed walktroughs.

you should not afraid of the heating that much, just make it slowly, test it often if you can peel it.

try it if you are patient and yes, calculate that you might lose the LCD screen as well, but with loads of caution and common sense, it will work!

And it is much easier than an iPod touch 4G screen change, hell, that is a difficult and sh*tty job...

f*ck me, are you for real? :D

There is a guy who would repair it for you, as you have insurance and you would try it yourself? :D

Send it off, no question asked. 0 effort+0 risk

if you really want to practice buy something cheap cracked screen phone from gumtree and try to fix that