can anyone help with zee or saint choice?

benv

make sure the lever is pointing with the hose exiting vertically so that when you undo it no fluid comes out. Cut the hose/thread through forks, reattach and ride.

Exactly BUT there will be at least one little bubble... I've done it various times and never managed it to get it w/o having this bubble in there. Doesn't matter though. :)

Edited by niconj

I've done it often (I have had my brakes for over two years now and I undo the front regularly to thread through the forks and I've never bled them). Can't say I've noticed air getting in.

Not really talking about air, at least not very much. It's that tiny little bubble that always comes out (with the newer Shimano brakes) when putting the little cup into the lever.

• 1 month later...

I have noticed a bit of pad rocking but it doesn't bother me. Mine are quiet and not getting any noise. Also I'm happy with the zee levers and will be keeping them.

I managed to shorten both hoses and feed front through forks all without the need to bleed and that's the first set I've ever done.....

I've ordered 2 of the axle bolt and retaining clips from the saint 820 as I've found out they fit the zee. That should make the pads as stable as the saints now so I'll let you know

Nope! I've already installed it and it doesn't help pad rocking.