Need Help Making My Amp Work Again!

Hotchy

Hey, so I'm a guitarist, been playing 7 years and had the same amp for all of those 7 years, its never had a problem before now, but now the problem it has is probably the most annoying of problems.

Whenever I'm playing to a decent volume (decent volume being how loud you'd play your music in your room) it just goes "nah m8 not gonna play that loud, gonna go really quiet" and I've no idea why it's doing, sometimes a kick to the side or the top will sort it out for a bit, but after a while it'll start doing the same thing again, and sometimes it just cuts out completely. It's not the lead, because I've got about 4 and checked all of them, it's not my guitar because I'm having the same problem no matter which guitar I use, it's definitely the amp. It's a 40 watt Marshal, no idea what model though.

Any help would be awesome

Cheers guys!

Will

it can be many thing inside it

7 years is a lot in electrical components, and they tend to lose their attributes over year

it might be a little connection inside that is going out, but maybe it is a component :/

In that case, you have 2 choice: if it worth it, get an electro techician friend to play with it, as it it will take loads of time

But be prepared to buy a new one.

Or just go to guitar or audiophile forums they will have bigger experience in guitar amps, than me :)

I'll check through the wiring tomorrow I think, my mate who gave it a service last time said it could be some soldering that he bodged, really hoping I don't have to replace anything too expensive

Is it solid state or valve?

It's a Solid State, I'm too poor to afford a decent Valve amp :(

Could just be the innards giving up a bit mate. not able to get a new one?

Nah pal can't afford it, I'm skint until I can get a job, and that's not proving easy, gonna take a look at it tomorrow, and then if there's nothing I can do, might chuck it to a shop or my mate, see if they can do anything about it.

I didn't actually think about dust being an issue, I'll try clearing it all out before I start messing with the wires or anything, cheers man