stupid 03 levelboss tyre clearance help!

goanywhere

Hello, got a very frustrating problem.

The tyre clearance on the my koxx levelboss is very small (3.5 is the biggest it can take) and was wondering if there is any tyres that size that are avalible these days that won't make me smash my rim and pop inertubes.

Thanks, olie

Hello, got a very frustrating problem.

The tyre clearance on the my koxx levelboss is very small (3.5 is the biggest it can take) and was wondering if there is any tyres that size that are avalible these days that won't make me smash my rim and pop inertubes.

Thanks, olie

I used to use a 2.5 Maxxis Minion or a Try All Tyre on the rear of my Levelboss (similar age). Never had a problem. Is it just rubbing one side?

Does the super tacky bring any performance boost over the normal dual ply 60a?

Yep, loads better than the maxxpro. Tis 42 on the shore hardness scale compared to 60.

Maxxpro will work on dry concrete no worries, but if you ride anything like rocks / logs / anything wet you'll want a super tacky. They used to do a 40a slow reezay but phased that out.

Also a 2.3 Tioga factory DH is pretty wide, the side knobs stick out pretty far as it was originally designed to be a sorta semi spike / mud tyre. Lethal on wet concrete.

• Like 1

It's a softer compound, supposedly better grip but faster wear Time. Don't know the real world difference though.

As for selling mine I'm not sure what its worth. I'll get some pics xx

Does this really matter when only doing trials?

I used to use a 2.5 Maxxis Minion or a Try All Tyre on the rear of my Levelboss (similar age). Never had a problem. Is it just rubbing one side?

Yeh its hard to get it to stop rubbing, tried a 2.5 nevagal with a quick wheel true and it still stoped with one spin.

your missing out then. wear life is important if your on a budget or you roll between all your usual spots...

There's no nature nearby where I live. :D I also only just started with trials so there aren't many spots I ride (to).