Monty XXV Giacomo Coustellier SP 3.1

Lotus Lu

Very happy to show my current ride with you all.

The frame was a Monty XXV golden edition but I painted it to Giaco style. And I cut the wing,the disc mount and other extra parts just like Giaco do. It didn't influenced the strength but it got much lighter.

Specs:

Monty XXV frame

Breath HS33 fork, however I think a carbon fork is more suitable for it

Try-all carbon bar with Try-all Nowar stem

Born titanium BB, Echo titanium freewheel, titanium cog, Try-all cranks (I swapped into Born cranks now so it got much lighter)

Maestro rims, Breath front hub and Secret Weapon rear hub, Pillar triple butted spokes

Try-all Shift tires with Specialized turbo tubes

Racing line brakes with Heatsink Coustellier pads

All bolts are titanium

Bike weights 8.0kg with pedals

Enjoy!

post-28568-0-78786200-1396773932_thumb.j

post-28568-0-16469500-1396773956_thumb.j

post-28568-0-59746500-1396773982_thumb.j

post-28568-0-93009300-1396774062_thumb.j

post-28568-0-69274900-1396774118_thumb.j

post-28568-0-25831200-1396774143_thumb.j

i like it. i think it looks way better than original color. but...i think it is not only color and cut wings, disc mounts ect that makes it like giacomos. giaco has proto model that has diferent geo ( at least it seems like it has, i only saw it once )

i like it. i think it looks way better than original color. but...i think it is not only color and cut wings, disc mounts ect that makes it like giacomos. giaco has proto model that has diferent geo ( at least it seems like it has, i only saw it once )

No,I've seen Giaco's bike,too. There are even sharp traces of cut wings that proves it WAS a XXV.

The production of a special frame is very high, Monty should use the money to develop new frames instead of making a different XXV if they are smarter:)

ok, i always tough that monty xxv was like +30 bb or something like that and that giacomo had model with higher bb, at least it looked like that when i saw it at euro champs. anyway, i like what you did with montys, although i prefers that mate black and orange finish that giaco had ;)