TNN Adm - Help

SCOTTY___

Very odd. I'd say the rim is contaminated or the pads are dirty.Try re-grinding the rim, then rub it lightly with P240 paper or a wire brush, also rub the pads down ever so slightly using ~P400 paper. Make sure that the master cylinder isn't bottoming out although by the sound of things it isn't.

I very recently went over from LGM's to ADM's and the brake performed poorly at first too but it has since become very powerful. Before this happened though I did end up grinding the rim again despite already having a fresh grind and did some work on the pad surface.

And the prize for most useless post goes to....

Arrrr didums x

Berk haha great word !

Who's to say it's definitely going to solve his problem? :) Think outside the box you berk.

What clamps are you using Craig?

Magura clamps with metal washers!

I shall try a fresh grind. Sadly I don't have a knackered metal cutting. But I have a stone version.. try That?

When I had my first batch of ADM's they out performed my last set of pads. Cousts.. and yes the "real" ones.

Heatsink yellows? Filth :P

All grinding/cutting discs will perform pretty much the same, the key is to get rid of the sharp edge off a brand new disc, that's what digs into the rim and takes big gouges out of it. If you have any random old bits of concrete or metal you can happily chop into that should get the disc nice and blunt.

Edit, if you mean you have a knackered stone cutting disc that will be perfect.

All grinding/cutting discs will perform pretty much the same, the key is to get rid of the sharp edge off a brand new disc, that's what digs into the rim and takes big gouges out of it. If you have any random old bits of concrete or metal you can happily chop into that should get the disc nice and blunt.

That i do,

Thanks for the advise!

Tried a fresh grind. Small improvement... brake still slips through under pressure.

Also no "honk" .. just a swoosh

Riding a similar configuration here. Radix, 2011 Magura including clamps.

Had Heatsink Blue with Kabra/Bonz rims. They were really good in the dry.

Tried to switch to TNN ADM for the last winter for wet rides:

Just threw them on, and my brake performance was gone, no honk, no bite, no hold on the rear,

some hold on the front. Switched back to Heatsink Blue, front was ok again, rear shit.

Tried adjusting, tried grinding, different grinding discs, new rim, let others grind, nothing. Not

with the original Heatsink Blues, not with the new ADMs.

Bought a Because rim for the rear, which has parallel sidewalls.

Also TNN clamps. Grinded with a very thin, new disk, barely touched the rim

to give it the smoothest of grinds. Now the brake works with Heatsink

Blue again, loudest ever, good bite, fair hold, even in the wet (!), for almost

three weeks or 25 hours now (without sand or mud).

I still have the TNN ADMs, and I will try them on the new rim with the

TNN clamps, report back here.

I came to the conclusion that I am just too stupid to properly

align pads and rim with angled sidewalls and Magura clamps.

Edited by stirlingpowers

Tried a fresh grind. Small improvement... brake still slips through under pressure.

Also no "honk" .. just a swoosh

Much riding on them yet? Top surface will be a mess from the harsh grind and they'll need to bed in.

Any pics of setup and grind?