24" wheelset. angled sidewalls yay or nay?

jack dickinson

Im going to buy a brand new wheel set off tarty this week. I was thinking tt sport light front and back rims and hubs. But i run maggie on back and disc on front. I am worried about the angled sidewalls. Im not going to grind the rim as i run 1 tnn adm pad and 1 heatsink yellow pad with tar, then fizzy drink left to dry.

Are angled sidewalls that bad? Ive heard bad things about them and a value a good brake. I only want a single skinned rear rim. Also if you could suggest a better wheelset for under 300 pounds that would be nice.

Please serious answers and thanks in advance.

Edited by jack dickinson

Tar AND fizzy drink?!?!

Wel yeah before a ride i put tar on my rim then soak a Sock or rag with fizzy drink, usually lucazade and wipe it around my rim. After ill cycle around featjering my brake if im in a rush or leave it to dry. Makes my brakes savage. Its off topic so please no more questions about my brake pads

Rock n roll bikes wheelset?

Whats that?

Yeah mate, they're shocking.

Couldn't get it set up well on my old rim but you heard my brake the other day and how epic that sounded! (thats got parallel sidewalls)

I think im jsut going to get them and i silver. The pads shiuld bed in though.

I bet it does work (Y) I've tried all sorts.. even toothpaste at one point.

Still never liked sloping walls, tyres used to roll a bit more and the brakes were a twat to set up.

I giggled because I thought of the Dan Cox associated rim.. childish I know :) of course then you said what looked like violin wax and I giggled even more.

Edited by *gentlydoesit