Hope EVO 2 Pro Trials serious problem

Clerictgm mk2

on a serious note, the wheel bearings in my new hope hub only took 3 or 4 months before they started getting really rough and notchy (this was on an inspired i built a couple of years ago)... but i think i eventually came to the conclusion that it was mostly my fault for putting wayyyyyy too much torque on the the hub bolts!

i replaced the bearings myself, figured out a reasonable torque setting for the hub bolts and they were absolutely fine after that!

i hope this helps.

• Like 2

Just to clarify you cant class your right hand as a wife and kleenex as kids. Why you bother coming on this forum being a bell end is beyond me. Id personally pay Bing to fly where you are and punch you in the face but since you all f**ked up the airspace above your heads it isn't possible. Bell end!

Loled, I really want to see at angry british teen IRL, so come on. Come here too! I like you, you are funny. Little angry internet kid.

I am not even going to read half of this thread because you all jump on the bandwagon and post absolute shite!

This happened to myself and after talking to other riders with the same hubs this weekend it's happened to a few other people.

I went into hope as the factory is very close to where I live and they swapped them over straight away and gave me spares if it did ever happen again. The people I spoke to this weekend included Mick Carthy (Jacks dad/bike mechanic haha) and after having the same problem hope sent them over some spares.

My advice would be to email Hope, explain your problem (I would advise you worded it far better than this thread) that you are from a different country and sending your hub in would cost too much and take too long. They should send you over some spare's to replace them with and you can just swap them as they are pretty easy to do. If you are incapable though contact the shop you bought them from and get them to do it for you.

It is a issue that they are aware of and have probably already sorted it out though.

If it's truth it's awesome.

I'm pretty sure if he sent it back to Hope they'd replace them for free without question but I doubt it'd be worth the expense, even with the best companies in the world something will slip through the net.

I got some new ones for free. They use INA bearings but I already got SKF ones. Job done in 10 minutes or less, if you have the right tools.

I got some new ones for free. They use INA bearings but I already got SKF ones. Job done in 10 minutes or less, if you have the right tools.

hes the kind of person who would rarther spend hours winging about it on trials forum, then spend 10 minutes contacting hope, who who send hime new bearings, where he could fit them himself, not winge like a little bitch and carry on riding......

hes the kind of person who would rarther spend hours winging about it on trials forum, then spend 10 minutes contacting hope, who who send hime new bearings, where he could fit them himself, not winge like a little bitch and carry on riding......

You are the kind of person that's not too smart. My friend has to do replacement. Mine are still rideable. And I didn't know that Hope cares about riders so much they send bearings all over the world.

Edited by Clerictgm mk2

You are the kind of person that's not too smart. My friend has to do replacement. Mine are still rideable. And I didn't know that Hope cares about riders so much they send bearings all over the world.

Hope and Park Tool. My favorite companies when it comes to customer treatment.

• Like 1

Loled, I really want to see at angry british teen IRL, so come on. Come here too! I like you, you are funny. Little angry internet kid.

If it's truth it's awesome.

Angry British teen? Hahahaha. I'm 32 mate. Bit older than a teen

Maybe you should have emailed them first to find out.

You avatar, man. Arny was better.

About Hope.. hm.. warranty usually are headache of the dealer, so I've had no idea that it's possible to just email to Hope and solve the problem. You can count companies with that relation to customers on the fingers of one hand.

Edited by Clerictgm mk2

You avatar sucks, man, Arny was better.

About Hope.. hm.. warranty usually are headache of the dealer, so I've had no idea that it's possible to just email to Hope and solve the problem. You can count companies with that relation to customers on the fingers of one hand.

Have you contacted them yet?