Possible retard here. Reverse threaded crank bolt retaining rings.

weirdoku

Okay. Before I send these back and make myself seem like a tit I need to confirm it's not me that's wrong (or right, depends). Got these self extracting crank bolts off eBay. They come with 2 bolts, 2 washers and 2 retaining rings.

I put the Echo TR cranks on, screwed the bolts and washers in. Perfect. But then when it came to the retaining rings they wouldn't go in, had a closer look and noticed the threads are reversed. I assumed the rings screw in (clockwise) the same as my crank extractor. Looked at my crank extractor tool and the threads match the crank threads.

When I thought about it, it makes sense that the retaining ring threads should be reversed so that when you unscrew the crank bolts the ring doesn't unscrew with it. But I have NEVER come across crank arms with reverse threads, Google says cranks with reverse extraction threads exists though. So what the heck have I got? Or am I retarded and ordered something that wasn't right for my cranks??

photo.jpg