I'm looking for measurements to do some 3d frame designing in Fusi

jnthebiker

Hey all. I've started doing some 3d design, and want to create some frames/components to actual size and geometry in Fusion 360. I'm looking mostly for measurements of frames, the normal Geo stuff too, but mostly things like headtube height, length of each individual tube, tube wall thickness, tube diameter, bb diameter and everything else I need for designing frames. Also looking for the same with forks, and other components. If anyone has any measurements, or knows where/who I can get them from, that would be greatly appreciated! If you give info, please specify the model and make of the frame, or at least the wheel size. Thanks so much,

jnthebiker

Tartybikes have geo up on their website. I'm sure if you give them a bell and they're not too busy they'll be able to help with measurements and things as well. As I'm sure you're aware though all these things vary from bike to bike. What type of bike are you thinking about designing?

Hey all. I've started doing some 3d design, and want to create some frames/components to actual size and geometry in Fusion 360. I'm looking mostly for measurements of frames, the normal Geo stuff too, but mostly things like headtube height, length of each individual tube, tube wall thickness, tube diameter, bb diameter and everything else I need for designing frames. Also looking for the same with forks, and other components. If anyone has any measurements, or knows where/who I can get them from, that would be greatly appreciated! If you give info, please specify the model and make of the frame, or at least the wheel size. Thanks so much,

jnthebiker

Think he's after a bit more than just the geo

Used frames + saw + caliper (+ brain + FEA workstation for figuring out reasons of design choices) is the way to go.

For a frame with competitive weight, strength and cost properties,

assume 2000-3000 hours to bring a limited run to Tarty, if you have an

engineering background, but haven't done this before.