Tablet advice

Greetings

MS surface pro?

Don't get the RT version, it's pretty shite, however if you can get used to Windows8.1 the pro should do what you want. The hardware is imho really nicely made, and offers a nice range of flexibility with the laptop/tablet functionality; I would get a stylus or mouse to use with it though, I find the touch interface hard to use without.

You know what, I've just been doing some research and my #1 candidate so far is the MS Surface 2 Pro. I remembered I can do this as a business expense so now looking at up to 700 quid. With that budget, would you recommend that?

So far on YT reviews I've only seen these tablets used with a stylus, presumably it can be operated using fingers as well?

I can't comment on whether it's worth the money but it should cover the range if what you want it to do.

Our appointed person at work has a 1st gen surface RT for doing crane lift plans on site and once you're past the interface of windows RT it's not too bad, I reckon I could get used to the pro with full blown windows on it.

The reason I mention the stylus is that I find the right click menus a bit small and fiddly using fingers and don't get on hugely with touchpads, much prefer a mouse :)

Yeah, the keyboard is usually extra. I'm now set on the Surface Pro 3 w/o a keyboard since I won't need one most of the time. The price is the same as for a Surface 2 Pro with keyboard, yet the 3 is apparently better in pretty much every respect.

I went to check it out in person today and found out they are not distributed over here so I couldn't get my hands on one, not even on a vaguely similar device. But the impression I got from using other devices and looking at their specs was that the Microsoft is a pretty powerful piece of kit. So yeah, need to think this over and might order it on Monday.

Got it today, thanks for the recommendation guys. I settled for the Surface 3 with the i5 CPU and 128GB storage. It's absolutely incredible what that little thing can cope with. It appears to handle Premiere on 1080p footage with no issues whatsoever, even exporting is properly quick. Inputs work like a charm too and the stylus comes in very handy.

• Like 1