racingline problem

saracenrobb

I use a Silicone based lube for car window seals from halfreuds in mine. Has kept it buttery with water since Xmas 2013 (only reapplying it at the end of last year for peace of mind whilst there was no bleed in the brake). Ditto my MTB forks for longer than that. Silicone really is the only stuff to use. The bore on my early model single bolt clamp racingline is still the same as the day it went on, the black anodising is completely unmarked or tarnished.

The packaging has changed but this has got to be the same stuff I use.

Rig up a way to blow out the piston with a track pump and get both the piston & bore smothered int stuff. Pop the piston back in a bleed away.

Get that silicone spray!! I've used a smear of vaseline in the past too but ONLY if you're using the standard magura piston. Racing line pistons can only be used with silicone lube like that I linked because of the type of O-rings used.

Give the spring a stretch as well.

Beyond that, you can lead a horse to water...

EDIT: You know what, If you do sell up, I want dibs on it. I put money I'll make that brake a proper sorted piece of kit and it will run forever and ever. The 05 magura master my racing line replaced lasted for seven years in near constant use with little more than knocking the plastic TPA ball back straight once when it skipped a thread and a very occasional wipe and vaseline piston service.

Edited by CC12345678910

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bump the thread, didn't deem it necessary to open a new one

My Racinglines feel a bit lazy compared tot the others I've felt, does this silicone lube really help?

Oh yes. The difference is night and day.

Edited by CC12345678910