Charlotte Coen Love Trials For Girls Summer road trip

MCoen

We delibirated waited and developped her balance/composure/endurace and especially technique first. Now that she has turned 18 we are going to work on her strength. The goal is not to change her style completely, she will also have the more smooth/technical style. but with the training we plan for this winter we hope she will improve a lot next season

Is there a reason why you waited til she was 18 to start working on her strength? If she's physically capable at say 16, working on her strength earlier on would prove beneficial when she gets older no?

I would say it's better to learn pure skills when you re weaker

as soon as you re very strong/athletic, you may compensate actuall technique (like good leverage) with your physical ability

Yes but your muscles don't suddenly gain say 20% extra strength overnight when you turn 18. Hence why I'm confused why they decide to work on her strength now that she's 18.

Is there a reason why you waited til she was 18 to start working on her strength? If she's physically capable at say 16, working on her strength earlier on would prove beneficial when she gets older no?

It was in collaboration with her coach. He wanted her to be fully grown before starting to really work on her strength. He told us it was better for the ligaments. Don't get me wrong she has been doing workouts with redcord and also some circuit training with minimal weights. But this winter we are going to take it to the next level and work more focussed on getting more power, without forgetting technique, balance and core stability of course :)

• Like 1