Trials shoes

Scott Gibbs

The Five-Tens tend to run small. The beefier models (Impact, SamHill, etc.) are pretty wide and heavy, but they hold up well and the grip is incredible. The soles are thick and inflexible, which can be a good thing depending on the condition of your feet.

I've had two pairs of five-ten Freerider shoes, the first lasted over a year and the second I've had for 8 months or so. Super comfortable and rater casual-looking (I currently have the purple ones), and the grip leaves no reason to complain either. I've tested their toe protection level by kicking walls as hard as I could (yes, side hops get me very frustrated at times :D) and they probably saved me from a few fractures as well. The only two issues I found with them are 1. they seem to be ripping in the middle of the inner side on my right foot (that would be my front foot), probably from all the crank bites, and 2. they are rather expensive, this purple pair I got cost me about 100 bucks with a 30% discount, though I bought them in Switzerland where everything is expensive to be honest. But if the latter is not a problem, totally recommend them!