Rohloff Tensioner DH shorty

niconj

What do you recon? Would it be possible to mount this tensioner on my 4play 2012? I currently run the Trialtech tensioner but the tension isn't quite how I like it. I would like to run the Rohloff like in this picture but I'm not sure if the spring is strong enough to withstand it mounted this way. On the other hand, from what I can see the tensioner arm is just shorter, the rest seems to be the same. I am also not sure if the chain length defines how the Rohloff is set up.

IMG00010-20090810-1426.jpg

Edited by niconj

26 minutes ago, gage-mann said:

I've got a friend who has one on an inspired 4play, been on for ages actually. He's never had tension problems since putting it on

Which one? How does he run it? Like in the picture? Is it the Shorty version?

9 hours ago, Adam@TartyBikes said:

Depends what rear sprocket size you use. 14T and under it might work. Anything bigger and I doubt it will.

Ordered both just to see whether the short version would work. On a 16T it doesn't. So I'll send it back and keep the long version.

I also saw the hope jockey wheels... very nice but probably a waste of money. The Tacx the Rohloff comes with are proven to be reliable even though the don't have the bling. :D

HJWSPC001Bz.jpg

Edited by niconj