SpoRADic

jamesb

I was not stoked on most of the footage when filming this. Then I started editing and this came out! I like it, especially the last clip! Can't get that song out of my head. - hopity, hopity, hop...

On a serious note, bar to nose pick might be the first done on MTB? If someone's done it I'd like to know. I'm sure the Front Brake Brethren have done it on bmx. 

• Like 7

Hi, loved the video and I’ve not come here to start an argument, but I’m confused by the suggestion that the bar spin to nose pick might be the first done on a mountain bike.

Perhaps the first one done on a stock trials bike, but even that seems like a reach.

Loved the riding.

Where I'm from the bmx riders all call my bike an MTB. Dj and mtb kinda get lumped together.

I've seen bar foot jam combos before, which is why I was surprised to never see it done with a brake. It was pretty easy in the end. It's probably been done by a slope guy messing around with brakes or a bmx guy playing on a dj bike. I asked here because some of you have been around a long time.

Edited by jamesb

Apparently I asked a question I should not have asked. I should have chosen to remain ignorant. Now to dig myself into a deeper hole... is there a video of Sam or maybe Martin Soderstrom doing top tier front brake tricks? The best inspiration I've found is the Front Brake Brethren. This video gets me stoked.

Thank you for your videos ! 

Love what you are riding. I had a planet x jack flash in the early 2000s, I loved that frame. Manuals for days... Any idea what a similar frame is in todays world? I have woods I need to build trails in... Come visit north carolina and ride !

Edited by AndyT

On 2020-06-07 at 3:36 PM, AndyT said:

Thank you for your videos ! 

Love what you are riding. I had a planet x jack flash in the early 2000s, I loved that frame. Manuals for days... Any idea what a similar frame is in todays world? I have woods I need to build trails in... Come visit north carolina and ride !

Thank you, the legendary AndyT! I'd say the flash was far ahead of its time. That's why it did so well! If you want a bike for jumping, most modern dirt jumpers would do great. If you want gears and the ability to ride trails, I'd go with something from Chromag personally. Jeff Lenosky is on Reeb I think. I have no experience with them but they look nice too. Not sure about the rear end on those for trials braking though. But yeah, my dream hardtail trail bike would be a chromag.

• Like 2

Inspirational ! Each video you release give so much pre ride motivation ! Thanks for sharing. 

(If I remember well, John Langlois did Bar to nose press drop in. Instagram story years ago. When he was riding the Iron. I asked the video but it may take some times to find it haha )

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-06-11 at 9:11 PM, Shub said:

Inspirational ! Each video you release give so much pre ride motivation ! Thanks for sharing. 

(If I remember well, John Langlois did Bar to nose press drop in. Instagram story years ago. When he was riding the Iron. I asked the video but it may take some times to find it haha )

Haha I thought he might've beat me to it! Thanks!