Extension Edith 24" Custom Build - Hope Pro 4, Magura MT, Spanks

Brettoll

For those that know me, I am a habitual project guy - got back into trials again after around a 10-year break and had a good 4/5 builds over the last 3 years which I have hoped would be "the one" but just ended up selling.

Latest and the one I am most enjoying is a custom build Extension Edith frameset. Picked it up from FXN April 21 and went on a bit a spending spree. After several rides it is a lot of fun (though kind of miss being able to do some TGS and street)!

Build includes, Hope Pro 4's on Spanks, Descent cranks w/Extention integrated ring / Bash, Magura MT Trail with Jitsie pads, Jitsie bar and stem, Kink BMX pinstripe pivotal on Inspired post, DMR v12 Magnesium.

The Conti Danny Macs are are so tacky they are saving my old bacon when I get things a bit wrong - which after being an all round kind of rider happens a little more than I like - Practice Practice Practice!

IMG_4931.thumb.jpeg.beb9afb52620ef85d02a3ba32cc75897.jpeg

IMG_4932.thumb.jpeg.70f74e9ef557cc0156365960dc5f7a5a.jpegIMG_4933.thumb.jpeg.1bad70c90dc52ad4e2219436bd84091c.jpeg

IMG_4934.thumb.jpeg.26cd50eb3de80bbcc6f6b6062be98d36.jpeg

Edited by Brettoll
  • Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great. I feel your pain. After getting back into riding regularly 3 years ago decided it was time to hang up the Leeson 609 and find something new to replace it. Since then have been through a Triton four play replica, alias 20.1, inspired console, alias 20.2, inspired console prototype, early inspired hex, later inspired hex and an inspired arcade. Currently riding the Hex and Arcade back to back to see where I end up. I have however come to the realisation it isn’t the bikes it is definitely 30 odd year old body versus 20 year old body that’s the issue! Good luck finding the one! Hope this is it! Although a good project is fun right?!?

• Like 1

On 02/10/2021 at 8:25 AM, Matt24. said:

Looks great. I feel your pain. After getting back into riding regularly 3 years ago decided it was time to hang up the Leeson 609 and find something new to replace it. Since then have been through a Triton four play replica, alias 20.1, inspired console, alias 20.2, inspired console prototype, early inspired hex, later inspired hex and an inspired arcade. Currently riding the Hex and Arcade back to back to see where I end up. I have however come to the realisation it isn’t the bikes it is definitely 30 odd year old body versus 20 year old body that’s the issue! Good luck finding the one! Hope this is it! Although a good project is fun right?!?

This is literally it. So long out the body takes longer to acclimatise to the moves again, with less time to practice being an adult and with a family and the fear being back, I threw myself into a lot more before.

Though I am loving the projects to build and play with, that’s the more fun side of being a little more older with a career that can fund the habit haha.

Worse things out there.

• Like 1