Is going to Magura HC rotors better than avid g3

MaderaMark

Masters,

I would like to get some of your opinions. I have been using avid g3 (being 2.0mm thick)  since 2017 and found no issues so far. Yet time will come that this has to be changed sooner, so this came to ask for your opinions. Will hc rotors last longer than avids? for the price the difference is very obvious. If avids got more advantage, then that will save me lots of $$$, but if hc rotors have waaaayyyy better then i need to save up $$$ to buy a pair.

O1CN01BcnKSV1PzHaqgNqAI_!!2206350251911.jpg

255372772_4600227363353663_6645484335039827332_n.jpg

Magura HC rotors are great, but for that price difference, don't bother. HC rotors are similarly priced to other rotors here in the US (and EU/UK). You won't notice much difference between the Avids and the Maguras once they are properly bedded in.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Swoofty said:

Magura HC rotors are great, but for that price difference, don't bother. HC rotors are similarly priced to other rotors here in the US (and EU/UK). You won't notice much difference between the Avids and the Maguras once they are properly bedded in.

Thanks! Well for years with these avid G3, i have no issues yet on the rotors but with broken caliper adapters. Then this means i could save $$$ and keep it for other parts to be replaced soon.

Not ran the Avid rotors, so can't compare i'm afraid, however if you can get these - https://www.tartybikes.co.uk/disc_brake_rotors/magura_mdrc/c76p13782.html then i'd highly recommend them. I've been running these for quite a while and definitely noted they're stronger than the standard Storm HC rotors. 

• Like 1