Not displaying correctly on mobile?

I'm a browser/lurker rather than contributor these days but it's part of passing dead time whilst taking an hour for 3am ish 'lunch' on nights. Anyway so I've a question: When I come to TF on mobile the pages don't scale correctly, it's like I need to pinch zoom outward but I can't, that's it - that's 100% scale.

Homepage is like 130% zoom and aligned center left - I can see the topics, the profile pic of the last poster and the date they posted it, but right of that is cropped off

There's a button to sort switch formats when browsing topics after clicking on a sub heading that works round this problem but if there is one on the homepage I don't see it 

Also when I click on the date of the last post in a topic, the link works but takes me to the opening post not the most current one like it would on my computer.

Is this a me thing or is it a board code thing?

using duckduckgo browser on Android v11 (I think) Phone is a Nokia 2.4. Clicking desktop site in options changes nothing.

TA