Which frames were..?

sharn

Of the frames I’ve owned the Adamant A1, Yaabaa 1499 and Atomz Quark 2 are worth a mention for what you’re looking for. Yaabaa was the shortest and most flexing rear end but took a beating. Adamant was middle of the two in terms of stiffness and erm… length but that thing took an absolute battering over the 4-5 years I had it so definitely the strongest and it rode very well. Over all though I’d say the Atomz topped them both, with a good set of features like the through axle, chain tensioner and construction with the stiffest rear end and it rode beautiful and looked beautiful. I got it second hand off of somebody on here, then rode it for a few years before selling it to Kyle Livesey who broke it because he is rough as 🤣If you can get one that hasn’t been abused I’d say go with that as it was a joy to own. Failing any of those a 2006 Echo control would be a good choice although it’s more like 1085 WB. Stiff as, does everything pretty well and absolutely flies up taps. One of those with a long and high stem could work as it certainly did for Bigman for a long time. Only trouble is the hassle of hanger brackets and having to make a tensioner.

Here are some vids with said equipment.

Edited by max-t
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone for your replies, at least now I’ve got some ideas what to keep searching for. Seems to be very little out there?! Are folks generally holding onto bikes of this era? 
The brand new 09 echo from trial prod seems a great deal but doesn’t seem they’ll ship to uk? 

Have to say the atomz really stand out and appeal to me but I’ve only seen the premier for sale so far. They just look so classy.

Max the in those vids is lovely.. Look so comfortable and natural on that atomz! And the taps on that adamant!! Woah! 
i rode a quark 2 once actually and was very pleasantly surprised! 
still , I’m going to try a slightly lower bb first I think. 
 Cheers guys, happy riding.