Which Rimpact Tubeless insert is the best for trials use?

Sam Song

I am looking at trying out a tubeless setup for the back of my Norco. 

Rimpact being one of the few tubeless inserts options for a 26 inch setup. I am confused as to which Rimpact insert would be the best.

There are 4 Rimpact inserts available for 26 inch wheels, ranging from the lightest to heaviest.

- Rimpact Original V1

- Rimpact Original V2

- Rimpact Pro V1

- Rimpact Pro V2

I am planning on running it with a Continental Race King Protection, which is a lightweight tire at around 550 grams). I know the version that Tarty sells is the original V1 version. Should I go with a heavier insert to account for the lighter rear tire I am planning to use this on?

Yeah I’ve used the v1 in a bike for a couple of years with no problems too. I ordered a v1 yesterday for my 26inch marino, I’m running a lightweight billy bonkers on the rear and got a pinch flat earlier in the week using a tube. 

I’ve managed to set it up tubeless on a spank spoon 32 rim, but feel that the sidewalls are no where near good enough to run it without a rimpact - I’ll report back on how I get on. 

Also have the V1 in both of my bikes too (both trials and MTB). I don't think you really need much more in all honesty! I've got a few cuts in my rear inserts from rimming out on stuff, but they still work fine. My understanding of them is that the Pro would be less susceptible to those cuts, but they make virtually no difference to performance so I'm not sure the extra weight/cost is really worth it.