Crewkerz Cleep / Cleep 2 frame differences

La Bourde

Hi,

what are the differences between the first and the second version of the Crewkerz Cleep?

It seems that the geometry of the fork changed: bent to straight tubes.

"Freed, Freed 2 and 2013 Cleep have this 26'' fork geometry : 405 mm and +40.

The 2014 26'' Fork Cleep : 405 mm and +35 mm."

Here the geometry of the Cleep 2:

- S : 1070 380 +55 72°. The S Frame keep the same 2013 artwork.

- M : 1080 380 +65 72°.

- L : 1090 380 +65 72°.

What the geometry of the Cleep different? What about the tube set?

That was what I supposed.

Did the 20" change? Was there a 20" version of the first Cleep at all?

I own a large Cleep2 and and a Freed. I recently spent some hours on shorter frames (medium Cleep2, short Jealousy) and I tried a medium Jealousy.

I found the short Jealousy really nimble, a lot of fun but maybe too short, too unstable. It was quite easy to put my weight on the front too.

Every time I go back on the large Cleep2, I struggle with pedal hop. It seems harder to me to put my weight enough on the front too.In addition, I had some pain in my arms and shoulder.

That is why I came to the conclusion that a medium frame will better fit a 178cm guy and his lack of flexibility.

I was looking for used Crewkerz medium frames, to give my assumption a go.

Have a nice day too!

9 hours ago, La Bourde said:

I own a large Cleep2 and and a Freed. I recently spent some hours on shorter frames (medium Cleep2, short Jealousy) and I tried a medium Jealousy.

I found the short Jealousy really nimble, a lot of fun but maybe too short, too unstable. It was quite easy to put my weight on the front too.

Every time I go back on the large Cleep2, I struggle with pedal hop. It seems harder to me to put my weight enough on the front too.In addition, I had some pain in my arms and shoulder.

That is why I came to the conclusion that a medium frame will better fit a 178cm guy and his lack of flexibility.

Have a nice day too!

Lack of flexibility? We need to meet it sounds like you're talking about me! So much pain because of that btw...

I have had a Cleep 2 in size large when they were first available. That thing was way too long... That's why I took a medium frame straight after. I never built it until recently and that's the frame you saw on my 26 that I no longer ride. It's for sale too.

I perfectly agree a medium is perfect in terms of riding. I always wanted something around 1075 when I was riding 26" after that Cleep 2 for the exact reasons you stated. And that's probably why I enjoy mod so much.

Edited by Canardweb

23 hours ago, La Bourde said:

Have a nice day too!

I actually missed your questions about the Cleep 20". Don't know how...

There was no Cleep 20" before the Cleep 2. The 20" and the 26" were not made in the same factory. The 26" was made in a very high end factory.